A Wave Form You Can Trust
Westmed provides a comprehensive range of adult and pediatric capnography solutions, including gas sampling cannulas with bifurcated nasal prongs, which simultaneously deliver supplemental and capture samples.
In addition, a specially designed Oral/Nasal cannula facilitates those patients who breathe through the mouth.
Advanced Capnography Sampling
Optimize capnography monitoring during sedation with the next generation of gas sampling solutions from Westmed. Featuring an advanced design, Westmed capnography sampling devices minimize dead space that can cause waveform artifact. The result is a clean, accurate and immediate representation of the capnogram, and the utmost confidence in determining patient respiratory status. Reflective-style Connector required for flow activation is specifically designed for use with integrated or modular capnography monitors.
Features & Benefits
- Advanced design minimizes dead space in the sampling line, resulting in a waveform that produces a clear and accurate capnogram.
- Manufactured with Comfort Soft Plus® tubing, which is becoming a standard of care worldwide. This device drastically reduces Hospital-Acquired Pressure Ulcers (HAPU), while promoting patient wellness. (Clinical studies available) 1,2
- The unique filtrations system prevents moisture from entering the line and infiltrating the monitor.
- Nafion® tubing further minimizes moisture by acting as a highly selective, semi-permeable membrane to water vapor.
- Multiple models, designs and custom configurations available:
- Bifurcated & prongs
- Oral/nasal Design for mouth-breathers
- 10’ &14’ sampling line lengths
- Not made with natural rubber Latex or DEHP
- Mullen J, Bryner L, Johnston J, et al. A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Prevention of Ear Ulcers. 2014. WOCN 46th Annual Conference. https://wocn.confex.com/wocn/2014am/web program/Paper799.html (Accessed 3/14/2018)
- Lukose M, Thomas L, Camacho-DelRio G, et al. No More Sore Ears: Nasal Cannula Related Pressure Ulcers Down to Zero. 2017. WOCN 49th Annual Conference. https://wocn.confex.com/wocn/2017am/webprogram/Paper1022.html (Accessed 3/14/2018)
US and International Patents Pending
Comfort Soft Plus® is a registered trademark of Westmed, Inc.
Nafion is a registered trademark of The Chemours Company FC, LLC
Copyright ©2018. Westmed, Inc. All Rights Reserved.